Friday, November 7, 2008

Alacran


Today our neighbors called my cell phone. I was scared because I thought something happened in our house. Come to find out an alacran bit their son. What is an alacran? They are kinda of like scorpions. Where we live we find them all the time in our house. Most of them are not poisonous but when they bite it really hurts. Some people run really high fevers and are in a lots of pain. Come to find out our neighbor was calling me to find out what to do for his son. Why? Because one bit Taylor a few months ago. It was awful for me. I think I cried more than Taylor. After taking an allergy medicine she was fine. 
We have to be really careful because they like any clothing or sheets that are white or light colored, or they like to stay in shoes.  Thankfully our neighbor boy is ok. 
The really funny thing is that a lot of our neighbors and people at church call me when they are sick to see what they need. Maybe I should have studied nursing haha!

6 comments:

Pilar said...

auch!

Anonymous said...

Now I know who to call if I need medical advice: Ask-A-Nurse-Beth. :-)

Those things are nasty!

Beth White said...

haha angie! you know the norm take two aspirin and go to bed haha!

Deanna said...

TAG YOUR IT! Here are the rules:
Write 7 random things about yourself, post them on your blog and then tag 7 other people. Can't wait to see what you write!

The Holmans In Bolivia said...

I´ve seen two of these in our house in the last couple of weeks. Both in my bathtub. YIKES!!! I´m gonna blog about it too.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog! Enjoyed talking with you at the Summit. Hope you have a safe trip home. God Bless!